Monday, August 5, 2013

Bar Drinks

Being the country where Alcohol is at its cheapest, it comes to be me as a great shock to hear of news of bars switching booze or adding non-alcoholic ingredients. I recently read an article on Philly.com about nation wide brand restaurants switching booze in their bars.  Although the story took place in New Jersey, it still made me question what I have been drinking.

In an article titled "Rubbing alcohol, dirty water found in some N.J. bar drinks" on Philly.com, under the Operation Swill, investigators found rubbing alcohol, dirty water and food coloring in open bottles throughout 29 bars. The names of the companies were not realesed. But in another article, couple franchised locations of TGIF found to be switching premium brands with cheap booze.  This dishonest ruse to increase profits has resulted them in lost trust and bad publicity.  

I hope that this Operation Swill will serve as a warning to any who is engaged or willing to engage in such fraudulent activities.  It will need more investigation to put my mind at ease. 


No comments:

Post a Comment